View Single Post
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by objectifnul View Post
Memory swapping isn't necessarily a good idea with solid state memory (limited number of read/write operations then memory dies)
Depends on the technology of the card itself.
I've personally been using Transcend Ultimate 633x 64GB card on my Jolla1, and it handles swap pretty well.

- it uses dynamic wear leveling, to spread the writes accross more erase groups, delying the dying.
- it uses static wear leveling to also occasionally re-write old data to avoid it decaying over time (remember Samsung's non-pro 840 SSD, back with the old firmware ?)
- has ECC and is much more resilient.

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
enable swap memory
I second that, but only on some high quality microSD card that can survive the load.

Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
except for the stupid bug of online status for Whatsapp
Out of curiosity, what problems are you experiencing ?

hope in the next dalvik (or probably ART) release that will be fixed.
Currently, we're stuck with Alien-Dalvik. We won't see anything at least not before Sailfish 3.

Originally Posted by Breeze5 View Post
Have anyone managed to get a SDXC 256gb card working on the xperia?
According to some threads on TJC, some cards aren't even physically recognized by the kernel's mmc driver.
(Someboy had problem with a Saumsung EVO (non plus) 128GB)
Apparently, it's a known kernel problem (should be eventually solved in some future upgrade).

That's in addition of you needing to either reformat from exFAT into something slightly more cross platform (e.g.: FAT32), or installing exFAT fuse drivers.

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I tried the 256GB SDXC from my Android phone today. Unfortunately the card is using exFAT and as I swap between devices very often I kept the file system.
Before getting to the exFAT problem, as mentionned above, check that the kernel at least sees the MMC device itself :

after loading the card holder in the phone, do you see a "/dev/mmcblk1" device appearing (external slot) ? or do you only see "/dev/mmblk0p??" devices (internal flash).

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I found auto mount does not work, so I tried manually with mount /dev/mmcblk1p1 /media/sdcard , but terminal says unknown file system type "exfat"
What does "blkid /dev/mmcblk1p1" say ? (run as root with "devel-su" ?)

Try: "mount.exfat-fuse /dev/mmcblk1p1 /media/sdcard"

To force your system to use the correct FUSE helper.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post: