View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
This statement is ungrounded. Sailfish is not open system, you cannot build it end-to-end (libhybris based). So it _may_ still spy on you without your knowledge. That's what librem targets to mitigate - fully open blob-free in-tree mainline based system. Will see how lucky they are, this is another curse (failed attempt to build mainline based mobile device).
I do not think that the wish for an alternative mobileOS that does not spy on me is unfounded.

In fact, I asked for one that does not do that but did not specify anything else other than that want. If you wish to take my words as I meant Sailfish, that's on you. I am all about options outside of Android and iOS, but will perform due diligence while measuring options.

Nothing that connects to the Internet has been proven to be truly safe from exploits or leaking data.

My statement stands: With all of these mobileOS's and apps now spying on the user, another alternative that will not do so needs to be out there now.

There's no room left for any other statements to be added to that - it is not out there, it needs to be out there now. It isn't.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: