View Single Post
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by herdem09 View Post
Believe it or not everybody here is here because of the same reason.
What I am disappointed is if this was gonna be a beta process, then why there was a strictly closed cbeta group? If Jolla would call this beta I would happily do whatever you said to improve the current situation. If they are doing a closed beta, and after sometime selling this product without mentioning/solving the problems a user will face during daily use, then I am sorry but Jolla does not deserve to be both paid and helped. We all want a strong company that properly communicates with its supporters but Jolla has not changed over the years.
This is the very first public release for a very new (to Sailfish) device. It has been three days. Provide feedback, and I'm certain it'll be addressed.

Most of your points of contention have already been addressed in community fixes.

Moreover, they mentioned that you might face problems, that some features aren't ready for prime time yet. They mention this in the blog post and the official sales start post.

What you paid for are the fees for the licensed software like Exchange support, XT9 and Alien dalvik, and you get a year of support on top of it.

As I said before, if you rely that heavily on a few very specific features, then maybe a community-driven alternative OS that's a few days old in public release just isn't for you.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post: