View Single Post
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by Markkyboy View Post
Due to my browser throwing a wobbly/multiple posts/etc, there is an overlap, your command suggestion is exactly what I came up with, while it sorts it on screen, the list is still not sorted in the device - I am doing this by SSH, straight into the DB (this also requires that the temp DB created by the app found in '.config/harbour-nationalrail/' must be removed beforehand).

Presumably you have a Sailfish device, head to Jolla Store and download NationalRail app. By doing this, you will have the 'stationsDB.sqlite' file found in '/usr/share/harbour-nationalrail/data' folder

The sqlite list is out of date, there are more than 18 new stations to add to the list.....or I am now thinking the file should be made from scratch and incorporate a way to make updating easier in future releases.
It shouldn't matter what the on disk sqlite3 format is...
Any program that reads the data from the sqlite database is always going to use some select statement.
If that select statement has an "order by" clause, then the data will be returned to the app ordered even though it isnt ordered on disk.

In other words, do not waste your time resetting the on disk format again and again. Use the correct select from order by statement and let SQL do that heavy lifting.
This sort of thing is exactly why you're supposed to use SQL and not a flat text file.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post: