View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
As far as your concerned you seem to ignore the subtle nuances of being tracked 24/7 by going and just having a SFOS license vs your account.
OK, let's say that on a scale from 0 to 100, Google's tracking is 100 and Jolla's is 1. You may see only those absolute values. I say that there is a bigger difference between 0 and 1 than there is between 1 and 100. 100 is only 100 times more than 1 but 1 is an infinity times more than 0.

Or look at it this way. There is a tiny difference in effort between doing it the free way (from a company that preaches freedom) and the way they have chosen but the difference between the outcomes, and the message they would thus broadcast to the community, would be huge. I do not accuse them of choosing their way deliberately with any evil intent. It was probably the first thing that came to their mind and it seemed "good enough". But it seems that they did not even stop to consider alternatives, which to me gives a clear indication of what their attitude to freedom is.

I do not wish to prolong this discussion more than necessary. You either get my drift or you don't. Either way is fine with me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: