View Single Post
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Linköping, Sweden
Originally Posted by alfmar View Post
The "dual SIM" use case is somewhat rare:
- people willing to have both personal and work phone numbers in a single device
- people willing to use two different carriers (example: one for voice and the other for data)

It would have to deal with a number of extra issues:
- temporarily disabling one SIM (probably you don't want "work" calls/texts outside work hours)
- selecting SIM to use to send next SMS
- allowing/disallowing data traffic from the other carrier when the selected one is unavailable
- maybe also managing Contacts to avoid mixing work and family ones...
I use two SIM in my Jolla C and it works great, so most of these issues are already solved in the application layer. It "just" need a hardware adaption for the F5122.

Originally Posted by alfmar View Post
The only other reason to choose the F5122 over the F5121 is the internal memory (64 Gb vs 32 Gb). But if you use a cheap 64 Gb microSD to store all of your "large" (i.e. multimedia) data, you'll probably won't consider an issue having only 32Gb (Jolla1 was 16) inside...
The secondary SIM slot is shared with the SD-card holder, so you can only have either SIM or SD-card, not both.

I'd really like to have dual SIM support. Perhaps I should buy F5122, as reports show that at least the Android image for F5121 is compatible, and look at it.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mohjive For This Useful Post: