View Single Post
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Given intex put out a whole device for 69$ including those licenses, 50€ hopefully has some overhead to pay for past or future jolla developement on removing beta state of sailfishx.
Those licenses could also be the reason if the continuation program will cost additional money to continue to use Alien Dalvik and M$ stuff after 12 month.

This all smells like jolla will introduce some kind of paid feature to the store to manage subscriptions or sell single 3rd party features, doesn't it?
I'm not sure it's about 3rd party features, judging by past releases they may be more once-per-device kind of deals instead of yearly payments per sold device.

I do read that sentence as in 50€ for first year of support, and then a continuance program for future updates. Say if it was something like 10€ yearly to get further updates, I'd be totally fine with that. And Jolla would get continued revenue. Supporting all different devices for future updates must bring overhead so it's also fair IMO. Also consider common Android devices, they're usually receiving updates for year or year and a half if I've understood correctly. And you can't just buy more support, it's over when they decide it's over.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: