View Single Post
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by Deedend View Post
Hey you say that you want to support anyone want to port another os to this device... Have you ever considered to contact the Ubports or plasma mobile communities (both have a group on Telegram)? They are very active and if you support them I reckon that they will be able to port that OSes to this device.
There is also PostmarketOS that is promising, even if at the very early stage...
Other than that is an utopia to have a port like the one on the moto mod, maybe since you want to keep the same size of the motomod have some sort of similar (and maybe compatible) port, to use theyr mods?

I am dreaming to have finally an hacker friendly device, the only downside for me is the dimensions, 5.5 is way too big unfortunately. I reckon that the perfect size is 5, anyway I cannot expect too much!
Well, the most important is a bootloader free hardware! For the OS there is a lot of possibility. sailfish OS, maemo, PostMarketOS (i like the idea), OpenEmbedded or a good old Debian!

The Following User Says Thank You to kinchan For This Useful Post: