View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
- More space on keypad, means bigger keys and more keys
I don't mean to criticize the choice of 5.5" because I know it's the result of several constraints, and the device looks awesome, really (and 4.5" would be too awesome for my little heart), but I think bigger size of keys should not necessarily be a goal per se. More keys is good, but fewer keys can be pretty good as well if very well integrated in the OS (like N900 key combinations + onscreen special character keyboard).

Bigger keys and more space between them is typically thought as a good thing since we are the most comfortable with bigger, real-size keyboards. However, this keyboard will most likely be used with thumbs only, and not flat on a desk with 10-finger typing. For thumb-typing, larger keys/larger keyboards means more distance to cover with the thumbs, and I don't know what is the optimum size considering variation among people's hands, but seeing that I was more comfortable typing on the N900 than the TOHKBD and mistyped keys more often with the latter, I believe it's not huge.

However, again, I understand that there are multiuple factors leading you to 5.5", and I'll still happily give you all the money I can give you.

[Edit] Excellent news TheKit. Still holding my breath for an official Sailfish license with AD included, but it's good to know that ports would not start from scratch.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2017-07-28 at 17:12.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: