View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
I know you are joking, but welcome to profit reality.
https://boygeniusreport.files.wordpr...ng-768x481.jpg

Livermorium does not even need to fear the comparison, because you are doing some major things right compared to Apple, having few deciders and a clear red line for one.
You only need to take over Jolla at some point to have your own OS and BAAM, the world is yours
I'm not sure that the straight comparison between Apple and Samsung is fair. Apple phones have their own OS, Samsung is using Android, and thus Samsung sales are influenced by other Android competitors, including cheaper ones. Apple built an ecosystem with no competition, if they convince people with their fancy well-marketed hardware and stolen patents, they reinforce the monopole since those new users will get locked in iOS; if they convince people with their software, then they secure the monopole as well as those people are looking for iOS and can only buy Apple.

It would be better to compare Apple and, let's say, Jolla when it was still a software and hardware company. But then. Wait.
(And regardless of what the profit figures would look like, I would still pick Jolla and Sailfish without the slightest hesitation.)

However, seeing how symmetric Apple and Samsung curves are on the plot, then it might actually be a fair comparison. I'm changing my mind: they look pretty much totally inversely correlated so forget the above ********.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2017-07-14 at 09:48.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: