View Single Post
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Ok, next batch done. Once the next file is built I think it will be 32/62.

I'm hitting the following error at the moment. First thought was to add gdk.h to includes. FAIL. Second try was to add gdkx.h or whatever the X11 specific header is called. FAIL. This file has been a right PITA.
I guess you should try to find something like gtk_visual_get_red() etc, it seem upstream took (the correct) approach to use accessor functions instead of direct structure access.

Been trying to catch up on IRC comments as well. My thoughts on RAM usage is that my initial idea wasn't specific to the N900 but looking at freeing the software stack so that it could be used on other, more recent devices, like fmg's Allwinner tablet. Up until recently is was all built on top of a stripped down Mer stack with the intention of one day trying to make use of libhybris should we have a wayland based wm. Hildon UI on Fairphone2? Oneplus? GalaxyTab? Chromebook?
It was me having the concerns about memory usage - well, it turned out that there is nothing to be afraid of, so far. On my Allwinner, latest h-d(the one with TidyBlurGroup fixed to actually work) takes ~22MB RSS and about 120MB RES when started. And this is without having maemo-launcher and sapwood optimizations. No hildon-status-menu and hildon-home, but still, I think it is fine.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: