View Single Post
I'd like to keep one and the same code for both CSSU and hildon-gtk3 as much as possible - it really doesn't make sense to make forks for hildon-gtk3 when a couple of #ifdefs will do the job. Esp if we have a cooperative package maintainer to deal with (myself)
I was thinking about this earlier. How do we manage the gtk2-dev/gtk3-dev dependency in the control file? The trouble with that is you could then end up trying to build with gtk2 headers and gtk3 hildon. Not sure if Debian control has a & option. If not it might be a case of dynamically generation the control file.

It will get a bit messy when it comes to libhildon and the rest of them because of the size of the code base compared to osso-* libraries.

I am first to confess I don't feel comfortable with automake spaghetti.
The automake spaghetti is above me. I just took a guess based on a few quick google results. For the missing libraries, would it be useful to try using pkg-config to pull them in as needed?

With regards to the Jessie port, osso-systemui is built. I had to go back to osso-af-utils and make a few hacks to anim-shower to bypass some outdated code. I'm not sure where/if the executable is used so it might come back to haunt me later.

Finally for today, upstart-dev. It doesn't exist in Debian, we have libupstart-dev. The Maemo version has dh_installxsession in it which is needed to finish building the rest of the osso-* pieces before I can install them. I need to look into how best to go about this, whether to just package the needed files

I have to be totally honest, using Mer userland seems sooo much easier

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: