View Single Post
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
My bad, it does exist. osso-systemui's dbus.c has WITH_HILDON include before including config.h.
Oh, I see, my bad, sorry about it.

From what I can tell, the configure sequence is detecting hildon so is not running the check for gtk3 the check for it will only be run if hildon is not found.
Right, this should be fixed.

This isn't something I'm confident on dealing with but I think it should be like this:

Code:
PKG_CHECK_MODULES([HILDON], [hildon-1, gtk+-3.0],
    [AC_DEFINE(WITH_HILDON,[1],[Use Hildon]) AC_DEFINE(WITH_GTK3,[1],[Use Gtk3])],
    [PKG_CHECK_MODULES(HILDON, [hildon-1], [AC_DEFINE(WITH_HILDON,[1],[Use Hildon])])])
Please clone systemui repo on github, do the required modifications and request back a merge. I am first to confess I don't feel comfortable with automake spaghetti.

That gets it a bit further, but we then hit libcanberra DSO errors. $(CANBERRA_CFLAGS) and $(CANBERRA_LIBS) are missing from src/Makefile.am

Finally, -ldl appears to be missing from the same Makefile.am.

I don't know if the lib changes are exclusive to GTK3 or not at the moment.
I'd like to keep one and the same code for both CSSU and hildon-gtk3 as much as possible - it really doesn't make sense to make forks for hildon-gtk3 when a couple of #ifdefs will do the job. Esp if we have a cooperative package maintainer to deal with (myself)

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: