View Single Post
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Xagoln View Post
to portscan your phone to look for vulnerable versions of any daemons that may be listening.
This could be prevented in droping all incoming packages or use genwall in stealth mode.

I would never do a bank transfer with a mobile phone, only with a live boot cd with a system and browser you trust.

However to make maemo more secure we need to fix the root of the problem.

We need to get rid of the closed blobs. Then we can have a new kernel and make an up to date development environment.
After that porting maemo to other hardware, this will increase the intrest in maemo. The result will be that many people have the intrest to keep maemo updated and it would be much easier than now with an outdated development environment.

But who has the power to do so?
Make huge donation to hire somebody?

Or all the rest of the developer should work together and focus on one problem and go on step by step through a list?

In general it would be nice to have more wiki documentations about reverse engineering, one page to read to get kernel compilation from nowdays with provided source and config from all different kernels.

The community need to learn how to deal with the problem I guess many want to help but they have not the knowledge to do. So please share as much as possible.

I know to become a good hacker you need to read and try many things but to gain more power for the next generation you need to teach that the future goes on and not standing still on the same place or level.

Sorry many things maybe already said If you feel so you could just ignore me.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post: