View Single Post
Originally Posted by carmenluci View Post
Will it be available for other languages (not only English)?
I would like it to, however I am hampered by two things:
  1. I would need translations for all the things Saera knows how to say (and someone who knows the language to help fix grammar-specific changes); and
  2. I would need an acoustic model and a language model for Julius to be able to recognize speech.

The latter is more of a problem; I am currently using the VoxForge acoustic model. VoxForge is working on acoustic models in several languages (English, Bulgarian, Catalan, German, Greek, Spanish, French, and several others), but only English and German have a complete acoustic model. There is also a full Japanese model available from the Julius developers, as it is originally a Japanese project; I know very little about the Japanese language, however.

To summarize:
  • German is possible; there is a language model and I know the language well enough to make the necessary changes.
  • Japanese has a working language model, but I would need someone fluent in both Japanese and English with a bunch of free time to help me get Saera working there
  • Other languages are not possible without either a) finding another source for acoustic voice models or b) using Internet voice recognition.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post: