View Single Post
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Stupid me just decided to buy an Fairphone, so hope it comes this week.

I am almost sure I will be upset on Android but I can not change to sailfish if no Dalvik engine working

Why I am stupid? Because now I will have two phones and will still use Jolla as main phone atleast until mymoney is ported to android.

You are not stupid at all. After you have the Fairphone with Sailfish in your hands - you will never give it away.
Yes, the missing Android Support is a missing important feature.
The first week, i also had my Jolla 1 and Fairphone with me. Now i have only the Fairphone, Jolla is @home, as a collector item (collecting dust) ;-)
For my banking (Deutsche Bank) i use the mobile Web page, which i put as an icon on my Sailfish Desktop.

Official Sailfish OS for Fairphone will come. I'm absolutely sure... They still wait, until the Software Base became stable enough.

About the both alpha1 and alpha2 Ports i can say, that the community Porter (mal-) is an perfectionist. His alpha-Images works a way better, than the official Sailfish on the Jolla 1 sometimes.

So keep calm. We will have Fairfish soon... :-)

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post: