View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
We're living in a world divided radically between Order and Chaos.
Succinctly stated. And I agree 100%.

Apple has perfected Order.
I'd actually say that it was Steve Jobs that was the one that perfected order. Apple now isn't all that orderly. The overlap of Apple MacBook Air (11/13 inch screens) with the i5/i7 processors are heavier hitters than the m3/m5 processor in the MacBook Retina (12 inch screen) is enough evidence of this. Why would you have the better processors handicapped with less RAM and less display?

The iPad Pro 12 inch has 4GB of RAM whereas the 9 inch has only 2GB of RAM. That's fragmentation at your "Pro" tablet sizes.

The iPod... a memory. Grab one in the stores if you can, yet they still sell Apple Music as a service. That's weird. I have never listened to music on my phone; the battery would die in no time.

And the Apple Watch? It's just now getting an OS that's worth mentioning to the fanboys. Beforehand, it was only for the diehard first time buyers of all things geek. Now... if only you have money to waste.

On the other side, the GNU project has unleashed Chaos.
Yep. But this chaos does not include everybody. Too many sectors are not impacted by GNU at all.

The "failure" of open-source software is, in my opinion, not actually a failure; it is instead a measure of the great success of closed-source software in the last few years. I applaud that success, but I doubt it can continue forever. Corporations inevitably rise and fall, and in the past, software tied inextricably to those corporations ends up failing along with those who own it. In the end, only open-source software survives.
This is a new perspective; one that challenges how I look at things to be honest. I'll consider rethinking my stance. Thanks for sharing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: