Thread: Jolla C
View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
I think they need to hit some kind of critical mass and get the ball rolling and give developers a god damn incentive to actually develop.
No doubt about that. We agree fully here.

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
In general I agree with you, but you need to consider that alternative means not something different, but something instead. And if whataspp, facebook is standard in mobile, it would not matter how it's right or wrong or if it should be like that, but that Jolla doesn't really provide that option.
You misunderstood my point. Jolla is offering the vessel for the other alternatives. Simply stated, Jolla is offering a new box; it's up to the others to fill it up.

That last part has yet to happen.

Mobile era is not something new and most standards, apps and functionality are already defined. I'm not saying that it can be changed, but I'm saying that it can't be ignored.
Gonna disagree here. The mobile era is fluid, changeable and swift. Adoption is usually the first big hurdle, but what's hot today might not be hot tomorrow. Folks are too busy aiming at the current target whereas they should be targeting the future.

In the begining I wanted Jolla to succeed and I was in first wave, but they proved me wrong. And as I do not care if they succeed or not ....
We know very well that you've soured on Jolla. Trust me, for it to be any more obvious, it'd be a facial tattoo. You don't want them to succeed wherein I do. We differ there. The more options, even the ones that fail, the better. In fact, the other options being proffered here really aren't options quite yet. A lot of talk, not a lot of deliverables.

So what would be the reason for Jolla except "it's not android or iOS" as it's not the argument.
Then what is? Scorched Earth of Jolla until something else appears that appeals to you and your sensibilities? A lot of rhetoric that really adds up to oft repeated claims that you're unhappy with Jolla and thus they should disappear to satisfy your wants/needs?

"It's not Android or iOS"... that's AN argument. It just doesn't happen to be yours. Same as your argument against Jolla isn't mine.

"I marry you because you are not X or Y, as they are shitty people, that's why I choose you"
Weird analogy. I'm a married man. You choose because it's for better or worse. I do not recall doing that when I purchased my devices.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: