Thread: Jolla C
View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Not facebook, neither whataspp are interested in success or failure of Sailfish, but Jolla should be interested in success.
It's arguable that Jolla is offering a platform wherein the next set of activities (i.e. whatever replaces Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, etc.) may flourish. It's all about choice and honestly, even I've resigned myself that the person that's more interested in Jolla tends to be far less interested in Facebook, WhatsApp, etc.

The target they're probably shooting for doesn't exist quite yet. That doesn't guarantee success; it merely solidifies that they're trying to be a true alternative to the folks that have not bought into the aforementioned social media, communication or existing offerings.

Doesn't make it right or wrong. Just different than iOS and Android and they hope that Jolla/Sailfish is the platform of choice of these newer offerings and options.

That's been my take on Jolla. I now await for the developers to finally understand that the magic happens past the terminal and in apps that connect people and less about isolating yourself with esoteric commands that alter your phone that only you'd appreciate.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: