Thread: Jolla C
View Single Post
Originally Posted by mikelima View Post
Yes, but if you check your order, you did not order a device, you ordered a "SAILFISH COMMUNITY DEVICE PROGRAM".

As such, they may get away without a warranty. Clearly they think they can. And they are not selling to the general public, nor they want to.

There were people willing to order the Intex phones from India. Do you think Intex would honor a warranty from a country they do not sell to?

Jolla is simply making it easier for those people to get the devices.

In any case, it would probably too much a a hassle to litigate this than it would be worth spending.

I kind of understand it too - setting up warranty service is expensive, and they are probably waiting for the Jolla 1 support to expire, and focus on the software business.

Also, I suppose a lot of warranty service "repairs" calls are actually due to software bugs, or the user managing to corrupt the flash.

for software bugs, there is nothing to do other than report the problem and wait for a software update, anyway, and as long as we can reflash the phone on our own, I am good.
1. They are selling to general public, despite calling it a 'community' program.- community is, by definition public!

2. If shops in India is selling to EU countries, they are required to adhere to warranty regulations withing EU, otherwise, they should (can) not sell to people in EU.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/community

Simple Definition of community
: a group of people who live in the same area (such as a city, town, or neighborhood)
: a group of people who have the same interests, religion, race, etc.
: a group of nations

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post: