View Single Post
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ South Bend, Indiana
Originally Posted by Noger View Post
Don't really get the problem with lack of a PIM to be honest. Web based PIMs are the way forward for me. Why worry about syncing DATA from many devices in many formats. Been there and done that on more devices than I care to think about. They never quite talk. Leave the data central and access it from multiple places. Add in Google Gears for offline support and you have something rather useful. Remember the Milk, Google Calendar & Bookmarks, Zoho Notebook etc etc etc. Access to your PIM from your desktop, phone, friend's phone, NIT, work computer.... almost ubiquitous.
I think this is a regional difference- I think there are a lot of people in the USA that use the n810 and *gasp* either don't have a mobile data plan or skip having a mobile phone altogether (mostly because of the expense).

That being the case, offline apps are very nice to have. I would love to have a simple calendar app that syncs with my google account. And yes, I know there are combinations of applications out there currently available to accomplish this task.

Call me ignorant if you must for buying the wrong device or for comparing apples and oranges, but basic PIM and contact functionality is available on the ipod touch out of the box (to be fair, the iTouch is useless for offline nav purposes).