View Single Post
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
My good old N9 is slowly dying. ( Micro USB won't connect and load)
Sounds familiar :-(

I'm using both of them on a daily base - one for my German and one for my UK sim ... - they have both their ups and downs

The battery of the Z10 is ways to small but replaceable, cheap, available and as its small from size as well it's easy to carry a spare one ;-)

The built quality of the Blackberry is exceptional and it has the better camera plus a hdmi out.

The Jolla is thinner, lighter and has (for me) the better form factor. It runs two days with one load (the Z10 does 08:00 to 05:00 and on heavy use it's empty right after lunch)

I prefer Sailfish over BB10 when it comes to the UI and its android support is better (from my needed apps there is only one that won't work on Sailfish). On the contrary on BB10 there are more native apps available (most of them not free) which are often good pieces of software.
Both OS have a good community with loads of help. Sailfish is outstanding when it comes to modifying the OS, patches, and third party repos ...

Together they are a brilliant team as I can always switch to the right device for the things I want to do ;-) - if I would have to choose I would say the Z10 with Sailfish ;-)

Cheers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post: