View Single Post
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Will try to take a look into log later.
Thanks. I'm reluctant to send a much larger sample publicly, but if need be, i'll have to go through it, sanitize all phone numbers, and post "all of it".

did it work before?
Well, yes, and no. With my only earlier operator, it worked flawlessly, from day one. Then i switched to this one, and there was an issue. Couldn't send, or receive. After a couple of weeks, almost months, they "figured out" that it was a problem with the actual service provider, and shortly thereafter i got a SMS with settings, and it started to work. Then, a couple of months ago, they decided to change to a different service provider, and sent out new SIM-cards. I figure this is when it quit working, since i don't really use MMS, so i haven't really noticed. It should work, of course, so i sort of need / want this sorted, and so i have been bugging the crap out of their support, which then simply quit responding... If i cant get this sorted through you guys i'm out of luck, and while it might seam silly, i will change operator. For a service i use, like twice a year.

what kind of message you got? [open MMS???)
It just says (in swedish tho) "Multimedia message" and has a small "play" icon/bubble to the right. In small print it reads "Download failed. Press the message again to retry." If i do, it reads "Downloading" and the WIFI starts flashing with a 3.5 labeled blue icon for a while. 12 times or so. During all this experimenting i'm pretty sure i've seen it flash 2.5 at times as well, when i remove all the settings and start over from a clean table.

Please elaborate on workflow...
Workflow... Um, i fall short of really knowing what to do, so really all that has been done is test the "port" number (8799) in each, and both the "port" fields. I also emptied all the fields, restarted the phone, and started over. Twice. Not sure what i was hoping for, but it didn't help.

I know of services where you need to send one MMS from your device so the provider marks your device as MMS-capable!
I tried that earlier today. Was on the phone with the dude who sent the MMS, trying to sort things out without the images, and he suggested it might not be my end, it could be something on his part, and that i should send him a MMS to try it out. I did. No go.

SMS, and Internet still works.
Any questions, ask, i'll do my best to help you, help me.
Any suggestions, i'll try em, again, to try and help you, help me.

Thank you for your time and effort.
B!