View Single Post
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well swipey UI's nice but it is hardly the real reason Harmattan or SFOS is so good. Beauty is just skin deep, hmm?

Otherwice why not just go WP, it also has a kind of swipe interface.
That plus multitasking, the main reason am still on this ride is because once I used a sexy little thing called the N900 and it felt like a pc in my hand. It happy multitasked, and did everything a full sized pc did. And then I got the N9, it wasn't quite the same without the keyboard but it was still an awesome device, although that joy was instantly shot down by Elop, an even when Jolla turned up to the party, it was clearly young, a bit unsure, and pretty drunk by the looks of it that it had forgotten a lot of history. but by now it runs with quite a lot of must haves in an mobile OS, but it doesn't feel like the PC that the N900 did.

I don't know why it doesn't, maybe the lack of keyboard? Maybe the lack of a desktopesque UI. But I've realised if I have to use a mobile OS, that the swipe UI seems the way forward. Whoever those contractors are that came up with it, they were geniuses.

Beauty is skin deep, the middleware thats available, for free, for anyone to create whatever they want on it is pretty awesome and deserves support. I still don't understand why no ones taken it and built Hildon on top, or a clone of Hildon.

I remember the Cordia project, it was clean and smooth and pretty awesome. Hildon on top of Mer, what Nokia refused to give us. But that was abandoned.

I remember a video that w00t posted of a hildonesqe UI built on the Jolla, thats what am hoping for.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post: