View Single Post
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Perhaps I'm just guilty of PWG (posting while grumpy) again. But man, one thing that history tells us is that making positions of power a thankless job just ensures that people of quality stay far, far away from them. Honestly, if there are people in this community who are deserving of rewards, why should we try and keep them away from serving on the Council?

It's true, I probably haven't been keeping up with events here as thoroughly as I should. But I've gotta say, the message I'm hearing here is that service on the committee here is of less value than an N950. And that members here are watching your every move, and will pounce if they see anything untoward in your actions.

You want to ensure that anyone who serves as a Council member gains absolutely nothing from their efforts? That it is, both figuratively and literally, a thankless job? Great then, I hope you'll be happy with the quality of folks who step up to serve.
I advice to you read the whole thread of conversation (it is long) and see arguments from both sides.
But the main problem (which we would not argue about again) was that you can't participate in competition and judge at the same time.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post: