View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by fk_lx View Post
Well, average engineers with good team skills can often do better than a group of selfish/sailfish rockstars.
What does this even mean? Even Apple has faltered in recent (enough) history. This is perhaps as inflammatory of a response as I'd ever expect from a scorned lover. Simply stated, it could have gone unsaid because it matters none.

Regarding the topic, if Jolla wouldn't exist then probably more contributors would stick around Ubuntu Touch and Tizen, boosting development of those platforms or their app ecosystems.
Too bad Tizen has seen a limited release (India, China and Russia so far) and Ubuntu Touch is seen as a hard failure not even delivering an user experience that's consistent with the prior PR and whatever else Shuttleworth has stated. And Tizen would be a failure even if compared to just one of the more recent Samsung Galaxy devices.

So give me an example of a "rockstar" set of 120 or less engineers that's: 1) launched a phone, 2) created a SDK, 3) produced an OS, 4) updated their OS, 5) produced libhybris (used by: Ubuntu Touch, WebOS and others) and 6) got tablets out in the hands of core developers.

Be very specific. I'll wait.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: