View Single Post
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Ok, ok, stop right there. If you really want to contribute to Sailfish, you can (a) become a developer, or (b) go ahead and invest some money in Jolla. (I don't believe they've gone public yet, but they are running almost entirely on investment capital right now; I suspect they wouldn't turn you away if you've got enough money to make a difference.)
As a consumer with limited funds rather than investor I have very few options to Support Jolla with Sailfish.

2 stickers with Jolla logo: deployed
All hardware (tablet / phone) purchased: done
Providing feedback on TJC: ongoing
Try to hype friends into Sailfish: done and failed
Donate to developers of native applications: done.

Become developer: no time and interest and I am of the same opinion as sensible people stated above, what's the use if Saiflish keeps the interface part for telepathy or how is it called closed source? Can't implement SIP in a worthy way, something I would start with on a phone.

Again, I would like to purchase the software Sailfish in a form originally intended by the Jolla crew in their idealistic free from Nokia Elop days.
Here I have purchased an alternative ROM for my Kindle Fire. Purchase, install , play. Tired of new OS? Run uninstaller to invert operation and get back to original OS.
http://www.perfectlyandroid.com/

An "old" phone loaded with an officially supported 100 Euro Sailfish license would make very original Xmas presents compared to latest Galaxy S.

Another way I would support Jolla is through their indiegogo campaigns. If they would search for support to implement the top 10 jolla together most voted or requested items.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post: