View Single Post
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I suspect they are not usable for everyday use, because all those people that are claiming that they would be willing to contribute to Sailfish, if only it were FOSS, have not bothered to do so in the case of Nemo. This naturally raises the question of whether they really would contribute, or whether it's simply a load of gumflap. In this context, terms like 'we' or 'the community' usually mean 'someone else'.
Actually you are right on your point of view, but you are wrong in general.
As you see there is even decrease of devs interested and contributing to Nemo as Jolla not only failed to make it easier, they made it even harder with "in-door" development (last time i checked).
AFAIK even @w00t (ex sailor) posted about lack of organization and documentation and co-operation on that matter somewhere on forum (@w00t correct me if I'm wrong).
And you can say that jolla (that actually controlling Nemo and Mer) do not have to do anything for me or you on that matter, you should understand that developers don't own anything to Jolla as well and if there is choice between A project and B, where A is hard to jump in and B has proper bugzilla(from start) and proper documentation and community friendly, why would he bother to work on A, if there a lot of B-like projects.