View Single Post
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I'm about to buy a notebook for my university (informatics + physics) and I have a couple of doubts.

1. I've seen Asus T200TA with its touchscreen and it seems impressive. I'm wondering whether I shouldn't buy a touchscreen laptop for myself. Or maybe a matte display would be a much better choice?

2. Is it worth to pay about 100 EUR more and get an extra SSD drive (e.g. 128 SSD + 1000 HDD instead of only 1000 HDD). Keep in mind that average salary in Poland is ~1000 EUR and minimal - ~400 EUR, so we can approximate that tech products are 4x more expensive than in Germany or the US. Or maybe it's better to install the SSD on my own (is it possible at all?)

3. Does one really need more than 1366x768? Most of the notebooks I found use exactly this resolution.

4. As for the size - would you recommend 15.6"?

I'm planning to run exclusively Linux. (So I'd rather avoid buying a notebook with Windows preinstalled and later on fighting for the refund for an unaccepted EULA). I want the notebook to be versatile. I'll probably do a lot of programming in the future.

Besides, people from Poland: do you know any good place to get a notebook with Linux/without OS? Took a search on allegro, ceneo, x-kom - anything else?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post: