Thread: TOHKBD rev2
View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Hope it'll be soon, my Jolla is starting to show serious signs of fatigue (the screen shows a thick yellowish pattern on one side). Would be way too frustrating to get my tohkbd2 (well, my 2 tohkbd2 ) after my phone's death.

Dirkv, Kimmo, is it possible to unlock the Jolla with only one tap on the screen when the keyboard is open, like on the N900? I mean, no double tap, no lock screen, but rather app covers or, even better, last app used. Being back to the N900 currently (last Sailfish update went wrong and nothing works anymore, trying to find a fix before factory reset), I remember how useful and convenient it can be. For instance, today I used Sygic, and it was not set to keep screen on during navigation, so I had to wake the screen regularly. More complicated ways to wake it up or to restore Sygic would have been impossible to use. And that's just an example, the same applies for reading and so on.

Basically, if you have your keyboard open and the screen goes to sleep, then you have been interrupted in what you were doing (otherwise you would have closed the keyboard). So you don't want to double tap, go to lockscreen, swipe, find the right app cover among the others, and finally tap it, just to resume what you were doing before being interrupted. Since two days that I can resume this way, I've been amazed by how many times this can happen each day.

Perhaps a simpler way would be to execute a script that keeps display on when the keyboard is open.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2015-05-11 at 09:11.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: