View Single Post
You're right that there was a translation problem. I had interpreted bylaws as 'this big piece of writing on the signup for MCeV form' but they include 2 documents in addition to that.

> 8.4, 8.5, 9.2, 10.2-10.6. our regular members are as anonymous to me as our council, some even more!

"Council was elected by a bunch of anonymous people and I can't bear with its rulings which one random active member gave me. help!"

"Council was elected by a bunch of anonymous people and includes only anonymous people and I can't bear with its rulings. help!"

There is not much options here.

1) Leave council as is and accept rulings from a fully anonymous entity. (Somehow HiFo trusted that the passive members listing on website is not hijacked by sockpuppets and this option worked for it for years. ... This is what the current version of bylaws also has.)
2) Leave council as is but require one Councilor is an active member and files rulings on its behalf while they are still dubious because this active member was elected by a bunch of anonymous people.
3) ?? <your suggestion here>
4) ...
5) Limit council elections electorate to active members and require everyone on council is an active member (this option can be only after everyone shouts 'join MCeV!!!' for a week non-stop and falls over after everybody was already nagged about joining it as much as possible).
6) Stop accepting rulings from Council. Only accept rulings from GA.

Can we just write "upon the active members number reaching N, the next council election is done by the active members and all candidates are required to join as an active member", agree on some value of N, and do things the anonymous ad-hoc way before then?

I would say make participation in elections compulsory (100%, or require that at least 50% participate before the election is considered valid) for active members, and pick a value of N which is of the same order of magnitude as the usual number of people participating in an election.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gryllida For This Useful Post: