View Single Post
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Germany
I got v 0.19 working properly by making some changes to /usr/sbin/ssh-status.sh.

There was no problem with hildon-status-menu. It was just blocked as soon as the start/stop commands were executed. I discovered this by doing "killall sshd" from a terminal when the status menu was blocked.

So I added an ampersand '&' to the commands "start sshd" and "stop sshd" remembering a hint from peterleinchen in another thread. After that the status menu worked as usual. But two things didn't work reliable: starting ssh and detecting if ssh was running.

When starting ssh didn't work i executed "start sshd &" from a terminal which gave either "ssh respawning too fast" or "process terminated with status 255". After using "/etc/init.d/ssh start" instead of "start sshd &" and adding a "sleep 1" it kept working.

And detecting status of ssh using "status sshd" resp. "status sshd | grep -c running" sometimes gave "0" although ssh was running. As an alternative i found "ps aux | grep -c /usr/sbin/sshd" working reliable.

Additionally i replaced "stop sshd &" with "killall sshd", because i don't need connections kept alive when stopping ssh. And finally i changed the messages confirming start/stop from being dialogs disappearing only if pressed to "infoprints" at the top of the screen disappearing automatically. I copied the relevant code from ade's cooktimer.
Attached Files
File Type: gz ssh-status.sh.tar.gz (1.1 KB, 46 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to rasmarc For This Useful Post: