View Single Post
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I'm thinking of the future though. Something that could drive some current sites to become tablet-friendly. Some aren't because it's too new, some because it won't suit their site, some because of the work, and some because they don't know any better. The latter are who I'd mainly go for.

I cobbled up a rough idea of ratings. It would take 1 star minimum to be certified a Tablet-Friendly Website:

* 800x480 design, some 2-way scrolling allowed on secondary pages, no CSS required

** 800x480 design, some 1-way scrolling allowed on any secondary page, some CSS

*** 800x480 design, 1-way scrolling allowed only on list-style pages, some CSS, no javascript

**** 800x480 design, 1-way scrolling allowed only on list-style pages, full CSS compatible with all browsers, no javascript, scalable to desktop monitors with no problems

There would be cool logos as well, of course.

feedback? Other than Benson's that is.
The link to the content portal I posted is not officially supported by Archos. The official Archos content portal sucks! The link I posted is an independent project started because of the crappy content portal on the Archos device. The sites within the link I posted are just sites that people have found that work well with the Archos. Since the 605wifi and the n8x0 have similar screen sizes and resolutions I figured that portal would work well for the NITs. I think it would be great to have a similar portal for the N8x0, but i am clueless when it comes to such matters as web site design and set-up.