View Single Post
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I did the canola2-cleanup a few days ago, then got the Internal Card read-only bug and had to reformat the internal memory card.
I can't remember I did install canola2 beta 1 since my last re-flashing, but I am getting now errors of missing library:

liblightmediascanner0 (= 0.1.3-maemo1) (this appears several times)
along with
lightmediascanner0-*

Should i run the canola2-cleanup again ?

EDIT:

I did solve it by running the canola2-cleanup and installing it from the Terminal !?
first I did an apt-get -f and it reinstalled a few packages I am sure are related to Canola2 (but they should not have been installed!) (like libevas)

Then i did apt-get install canol2 and it complained about:

dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `libevas0-loader-png' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

but went ahead. Also complained when stopping a few daemons and tried to kill some process:

Unpacking atabake (from .../atabake_0.1.2-maemo1_all.deb) ...
Stopping atabake
-sh: /usr/bin/atabake: not found
Selecting previously deselected package python2.5-downloadmanager.
Unpacking python2.5-downloadmanager (from .../python2.5-downloadmanager_0.2.2-maemo1_all.deb) ...
Restarting download_manager_server
killall: download_manager_server: no process killed
Stopping downloadmanager
-sh: /usr/bin/downloadmanager: not found
Selecting previously deselected package canolad.
Unpacking canolad (from .../canolad_0.1.2-maemo2_all.deb) ...
Stopping canolad
-sh: /usr/bin/canolad: not found

Of course this was not an update, so there was no such daemons of processes running.
At the end it installed and looks like is working, but something went wrong, it should have been an issue-less upgrade.

ideas ?

Last edited by anidel; 2008-02-22 at 14:37.