View Single Post
thp, thank you for opening this up!
{i only just found out}
do you accept donations? {paypal email is unfortunately the only convenient way for me to donate}

im currently replacing LpsMagic with BB, as the markup language is MUCH more expressive. {i was in the middle of coding markup-as-the-result-of-a-script in LPSM when i found out BB was GPL'd}

i just got started using it. so far, i have three problems {that may have nice solutions i cant figure out}:
1) i have not found a good way to trigger a render programmatically from a script. im currently setting the gconf text twice, i.e.:
text=`gconftool -g /apps/bb/text`; gconftool -s "$text "; gconftool -s "$text"
this is stupid and expensive.

i use this to update after my custom email client updates, and when my custom music player changes songs. if theres a way to add custom context-changed signals, thats what i would like to do instead.

2) BB does not re-render on lock. my current plan is to write a daemon that listens for tklock_mode_ind and simply run my cmdline re-render. {is there a context somewhere for screen locked?}

{re-rendering on lock is cheap, as it only happens a few dozen times a day max, takes less than a second, and current spikes at ~100mA. 30s of use at 100mA => 0.8mAh daily}

there are some things i put there that change often but are not important enough to trigger an update, like uptime and battery-milliamps {i often check this after plugging my phone in to make sure its not a 500mA charger}.
locking is the perfect time to update these. plus, its a reliable way to know that the LPS is accurate in case of bugs in my external apps.

3) theres no way to configure update interval without a recompile. i used to run LPSM every 30s. this is not necessary, assuming i can get a good way to trigger re-renders on custom events. it would be GREAT as an interim solution, tho, if there was a way to override the sysaligned min/max intervals in gconf.

if these are in fact features that dont exist in BB, and if they make sense living inside BB instead of locally in scripts, ill send a pull req later

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post: