View Single Post
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Recently moved to a new house, and accidentally caught sight of my old favorite cellphone, n900. It has been collecting dust in a drawer since 2012. Plugged it in, booted it up, maemo worked, wifi connected, surfed the web fine. it is kind of slow with today's standard, it took a sec or two on refreshing web pages. The bottomline, it still works.

But what really impresse me is the Nitdroid, running android 2.3.4, developed, I guess, singlehandedly by e-yes. Nitdroid booted up without problems. And android apps updated with the play store, that is impressive, for a 3 years old technology, still works! wifi caught on, and surfed the web fine. And most excitingly, is the app xplore still works. Xplore allows a seamlessly connection with your window PC, exchange files, streaming files, audio or video, silk smooth. And this is running an alternate OS, not even its native OS, and connect with the windowsPC, and a 3 - 4 years old technology. I would call this marvelous. Some of the new tablet I bought, crashed on xplore when connect with windowsPC.

Any oldtimers around found any other alternate OS worth to implement on this old gadget?

TIA,

bun

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post: