View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
swiping left right could change tabs as lying on bed one would not need to look the ph to toggle tabs as that way its more like a actual remote
That would be interesting; the real problem is that Qt was only starting to add gestures to their framework right as they were giving up on supporting the N900. All the low-level gesture code is there, but you can't just say "when the user swipes left, do this"; instead, you need to collect the user's movements, decide when a "swipe" has been performed, and then manually manipulate the screen to react to that. I've got a little app that changes the screen when the user swipes, but I don't yet have the code to make the window slide left or right to indicate that a potential swipe motion has been detected, so it's a little unintuitive.

hardware volume keys as an option to actually control the volume of tv or change channels of hifi sattop whatever
Well, but I've already got the volume keys tied to changing between your favorite keysets. The other problem is that the volume keys are on the same side of the N900 as the IR LED, so you kind of have to put your fingers all the way around the device while it is pointing at the TV or whatever; very awkward.

camera butt half press to mute full press to power down when sleepy
That would be nice! Same problem, though; the buttons on that side of the device are just awkward to use.

The hardware keyboard would be good for both of these situations, though; as I recall, I had started using it for some of these tasks some time back (as Sixwheeledbeast had pointed out to me). I'll have to look and see what shape that code is in.

fullscreen option as many times i found myself to quit pierogi when using blindly
Hmm. That probably wouldn't be too hard to add. I don't think Pierogi benefits as much from full-screen mode as other apps would, but I could give it a try. (The big problem would probably be placing more controls onto the screen for accessing the options on the drop-down menu; but then, I've been wondering if folks would prefer having access to those options on the main screen rather than via the menu. I'll think about it...)

if implemented hw buttons should work regardless of screen lock not like lanternes camera button toggle which goes dead when screen lock kicks in
Yeah, as I recall in order to do that I needed to give an elevated status to the app, which for these little utilities, I'm really not all that enthusiastic about. I don't want to potentially drain your battery just because you left Pierogi or Lanterne running in the background...

But let me take another look.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: