View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...

Both of them for AUD95? [Munch-Munch] Sell them to me! I am in Australia, I have lots of new micro-USB ports from Digikey (anybody is welcome to buy one or two from me for 1$ or 1.8$ plus shipping to your place), and I would like to try to solder one of them to the device with broken micro-USB port. And I would like to take a look at the second device, too - re-flash it, like nokiabot suggested, and if it doesn't help, hunt for logs to see what the reason is.

I am currently waiting for local Hackerspace to open - they have soldering and hot air equipment which I would use. Actually, since winter holidays have passed, and semester will begin soon (March?), I should send a email to them, and ask when it will be possible to visit them...

I have my own N900 with broken-off microUSB port, and there is another N900 with same problem going to arrive from Canada, some time later... And I have my own N950 with broken SIM holder-port... Lots of soldering to be done. Lots of reading to be done beforehand.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: