Thread: Jolla Tablet
View Single Post
Didn't someone from Jolla say explicitly somewhere that the stretch goal money was specifically to pay for the Microsoft license? I can't recall where I read that, whether social media, jolla's site etc, or if that's even an accurate statement. If so, that is specifically what I think Benny and others are unhappy with, it was very specific.

And since that is how I remember it, why would I argue at the time with a bunch of FOSS culture warriors who want it changed when it seemed this is what the stretch goal was? It was stated and re-affirmed in that statement I speculated about above (i wish I could find it now to know if I'm being accurate, if I'm wrong then I can stand corrected). Point being, any statement that this 'what the community wanted' is not accurate, there may have been a silent majority like myself who thought this was all set and that you can't change the stretch goal. The question was never asked in a way to get dependable results (it was never even a question).

My only horse in this race is I don't want to see jolla become another dead product like my beloved N9 which I still haven't found a worthy successor for, simply for catering to purists and making practicality and usefulness second class. (I realize that's not why the n9 is dead).

The selective outrage here about openness when Jolla is closed in significant other areas is weird.

Last edited by Drekkie; 2015-01-30 at 16:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post: