View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
personal I would like to see any elected person to choose between admin/council/director/mod. Only one role per member if possible.
Would be nice but is hard to accomplish, unless we see way more candidates...

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Still, there's this small detail that I cannot quite solve. WTF does the council actually do?
I know, the question is (supposed to be) provocative. I have read the bylaws and related documents. Removing the Nokia-factor from the whole thing I don't quite see what *my* tasks would involve were I to candidate and get elected.
Originally Posted by pistachio View Post
Sorry i have not very clear idea about what council members do actually.
For the usual stuff, have a glance at the meeting minutes here, the recent ones perfectly prepared by peterleinchen.
Furthermore, council is supposed to organize all elections incl. referenda.

For the next council period, one of the major topics will be to hold a referendum about council work/duties.
Discussion started here and continues here.
While it's obvious that election rules need adjustment, there seems consensus that the role of council needs to be redefined as well.

IMHO, Council obligations should be put so that it basically handles maemo community life, inside MC eV as well as for community in large.
IMHO, Council shall not have a role "superior" over board in a sense that it could force Board to any business that they don't agree to.
Oh, and please make sure that this time there is really really only 1 (unified) council left in place, in case it doesn't abolish itself.

Nothing is set in stone, a "work group" could be established instead but MC eV is designed to have a council. Changing that would require some serious rework of Bylaws and Association Rules and would leave associated members (basic maemo.org users) behind.

Next thing would be a Coding Competition as advocated by HiFo Board already and suggested here again.
If everything works out as planned, MC eV will inherit HiFo funds of ~3.300,- $.
Should be feasible, crucial point still is the bank account, hopefully this can be resolved soon™. Afaik, MC eV board is after it.

If nothing else, that's about it!
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post: