View Single Post
Originally Posted by Kossuth View Post
The problem is, if I let the phone just run out of juice, it happens most likely in the middle of the night, so I wont be getting wakeup alarm in the morning
I know it might not be for everyone, but getting dual-cell battery is easy way to solve it. I charge my device once few days (3 or more) thanks to 3Ah behemot. The difference from 1,3 Ah is astonishing, in practice.

Originally Posted by foobar View Post
It did, however, charge when using one of the various 'charge21' scripts floating around here on TMO.
It's because BME replacement does the same thing as those scripts did, just implement it in kernel module level instead of userspace scripts and adds things like shutting down just after edv Not to mention battery applet, that takes information from sysfs nodes created by said modules.

As for charging method from charging chip's point of view, it's exactly the same thing, though.

Originally Posted by malfunctioning View Post
it should be possible to run the N900 on AC power alone without battery.

Could this be possible in a future version of your bme, pali?
Not possible hardware wise. The only thing you could achieve it, is to get a power source giving stabilized voltage in between 3.3V-4.2V range, and hook it up to battery pads.

The only way you can achieve it without such mods, is by shutting down all radios, turning brightness to minimum, etc. Basically, you can't use more than ~ 50 mA, and was usable only in battery hotswap proof-of-concept (which was just that - PoF - as it was more convenient to shut device down for swapping, anyway).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: