View Single Post
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
I am not sure I understand the thread recently.
Jolla is definitely a very very small company. There is no by any point of view a possibility to compare Jolla with Samsung or any other existing players of that market (even those Chinese companies which are way bigger).

So they do not pretend selling mass of phones in India but they propose an alternative for those interested. They expand gradually from market to other markets and I think this is the right direction. They expand the OS also through installation on Android device.

It seems some are discussing about Jolla not having a chance to conquer India. Yes I confirm they have no possibility for that and they know it as well.
But if they can sell some thousands phones, this is good for them. They do not need to sell (yet) millions of device to be a success.

They have probably studied the market before selecting a price tag. They know that they cannot compete on the price nor on the marketing but they hope that with the help of the community they can have some nice promoters in India, some more developers...etc...

I believe they do a pretty good job! Having some partner in HK and India is not that easy.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post: