View Single Post
Strange thing happened for my N900 few days ago. Somehow my batterys calibration info was lost and now the battery status show only 100% when on idle, 50% with normal usage and red 0% when under heavy use. This is exactly same behavior as when I started to use the BME Replacement and it was corrected after I calibrated my battery as Pali suggested in this thread.

Now it seems that my system lost the calibration info and treats my battery as uncalibrated. Ofcourse the fix for this would be to calibrate the battery again, but it requires some work to ensure that the battery drains slowly enough at the end and only then it is connected back to charger.

I would like to know is the any mechanism in the BME replacement that caused the calibration to be erased, so I could avoid it in the future. I'd like to know if it is possible to save calibrations and possibly overwrite them manually (I have couple of spare batteries, that I could calibrate and switch to the phone and update the calibration info manually, without doing the calibration routine).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kossuth For This Useful Post: