View Single Post
Originally Posted by pango View Post
Companies do it all the time, though, provide information on what will be swapped out in such an event. And in the case of the SIM holder, many people had their tricks to keep it running, knowing what the official fix could have helped them decide if they need help or not.
I have never, ever, heard of any company that has given detailed information about repairs before they have even seen the device. And I have sent them to repairs a lot (being the one who handled all such devices in a company I used to work for). Usually there is explanation in report enclosed to returned/replaced device, because it's not at all uncommon that reasons for problems turn out to be quite different when the device actually reaches the repair center (ie. one device that "just shut down by itself" and turned out it had been thrown into water...). As for the official fix, when such thing is announced, I presume it will correct the problem and I really don't see any reason why I would need more detailed info about it to send the device to repair instead of relying on temporary tricks.

Sure, I get your opinion(s). I just don't agree with them.
Yet you are unable to see any arguments of others, and produce counterarguments to show flaws in those arguments.

As I see it, you desire all out deep technical details of every single problem (even if you deny this, it's really the logical consequence of modus operandi you are suggesting) just to satisfy your sense of "openness", which probably would be very harmful to both company, and community in the long run since even simplest things are frequently misunderstood and misrepresented both inside and outside the community. Correcting those can be time consuming and often doesn't help at all since certain kinds of stories sell better than others, and many outright lies become truths in minds of (mostly ignorant) people because of it. So, it's better to concentrate on communicating things that can actually make a difference to community instead of shooting out just about every piece of information just for sake of doing it without regard of risks involved. If you still insist them doing so, you are of course entitled to you opinion, but don't hold your breath trying to find a company so prone to self destruction.

Last edited by JulmaHerra; 2014-08-27 at 21:38.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post: