View Single Post
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
This discussion has -as I see it- become dominated by different flavors of criticism towards Jolla... Which I will understand as many members of this forum demand alot more from their devices than the Average Joe. But there's still a point where criticism turns from constructive and discussion provoking to destructive and conflict provoking. In some posts at least the intent of it is evident. ... Everyone of course can judge by theirselves what is worth of their contribution and what is not; what criticism is good to address and might lead to a good-spirited and constructive discussion -which is important in my mind- and what does not. Definitely different interests define which point is important to address and which is not, so I only speak from my own point of view what I value and what I expect from a discussions in general when I state that I dislike where this discussion has gone and is going. It's just my opinion

I'd like to remind that Jolla is still a startup company, or a very small company with very little resources to spare at least. Expectations most often don't meet the demands when it comes to even large companies, at least the expectations of the most hard-core members of this community. A small and fragile company like Jolla can fulfill them, if they want and are able to, but as I see it it will be very slow, as their resources are low, and their efforts need to be highly focused on specific great goals that will (hopefully) move them forward (and keep them from perishing). So I understand that some things will not be available from them for some time.

I personally can live without a replaceable internal battery even though I do except I can buy one at some point of time -sooner rather than later. I have a couple of external batteries and can live with them.

PS: anybody heard how the extra-battery TOH project is going? Haven't heard anything about it lately...

Last edited by Thoke; 2014-08-19 at 13:50.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post: