View Single Post
Lately, I've reproducible problem with CSSU'ish camera-ui - everytime I take a bunch of photos in short succession (short - in time span of 3 minutes or so), only one of them, seemingly randomly chosen, is saved. so, for example, after taking 8 or 9 photos, I end up with only a single one saved in DCIM folder on MyDocs.

Whats even more strange, after every photo, I get image-viewer pop-up showing it. mmcblk0p1's filesystem is Ok, no related error messages in terminal or syslog or dmesg.
---

Anyway, considering the epic amount of serious bugs/regressions with CSSU's camera-ui and no chances for anyone fixing them in foreseeable future, I opt for moving it "back" to cssu-devel, at least until someone able to maintain it and fix bugs is found.

Believe me, I'm requesting it with heavy heart, considering how I love idea of FOSS camera replacement and the features camera-ui introduced. It's just completely unreliable to use ATM, without any bugfix for a year or godsknowhowlong.

Considering the fact that FOSS camera-ui is requiment for 720p video recording, there is another possibility - moving camera-ui replacement to extras-* as a non-conflicting package, so people (like me) could use normal camera-ui for everyday needs, and replacement solely for photo taking.

And yes, I know that every can ditch replacement camera-ui on own device (managing dependencies, mp-fremantle-community-pr pestering about them, etc), but it's not the point - I think that keeping stuff in cssu-testing makes sense if we have maintainer that is able and willing to fix discovered bugs, not stockpiling on them over years without clear purpose, right? I'm all for introducing it back if someone starts to work on it again, by any means.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: