View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
OMG! Can I turn away for five minutes without getting volunteered into something?
No, it is curtomary to volunter just the people who have left the room for a few minutes. Usually just going for a leak in the bathroom is enough.

I appreciate the gesture and the trust but I really urge you to think again.
I...
  • Do not have an IRC account
Well that is easy to sort out. It's not like it is about a facebook account or somethin like that so you'd need to sell your soul to get one. Takes under a second to create one and register it to nickserver

• Am online at odd hours and sometimes not for days at a time
  • Am not the fastest to respond to emails: sometimes it takes me weeks to reply
  • Have currently a rather busy period in my personal life (including no access to the PC, only my N900 for communication), which may make me respond even slower
Those things are a hindurence, but not showstoppers IMHO.

• Do not have political ambitions, which is why I have never been a manager in my life (in fact, my last two jobs have taught me to consider the word "manager" as a pejorative)
  • Do not have a plan or strategy for the immediate, let alone the long term future of this forum
Again, no need to worry about that. Being in Council is not about management, more of self-management, I'd say. As for plans for future, no-one can say for sure what is going to happen, we'll just have to be reactive and creative

• And finally, am recently on the dole. Legally, you have to declare any work you do, paid or unpaid. So I foolishly told them that I contribute to open source software projects, which resulted in an immediate stop to my job seeker's allowance. This is being investigated and there is a small chance that I may get some of my allowance back but imagine the result if they found out that I am on the council of something!
Ya, the rules that our fine bureocratscivil servants present us are joy to behold. I share your sentiments here.

So, please think again. If, having carefully read all of the above, you still think that I am a suitable candidate, then I am willing to accept the nomination. But please treat me as the last resort, when you do not get enogh other victimcandidates.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: