View Single Post
Posts: 165 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Italy
hey guys.. "happy" to see that others have the same problem..

I tried to investigate the matter.. also making tests, not so deep tests (I'm not a developer) but something..

I've seen that, after having used N9 for so long, instaling and unistalling apps, switching on and off and other things, N9 corrupt its internal memory, or anyway the filesystem..

I noticed that both in SMS, and whatsup db, and I also have seen a "conflict" between Accuweather working and sms receiving..
I've seen that when the problem occurs (I've had the problem 3 times and I have always had the need of a reset), accuweather stops updating information.. it seems like the internal memory can't be written anymore..
Moreover.. when the problem of databases (sms and whatsup) occurs, N9 can't be seen as a mass memory connecting it to PC..
Inside Nokia Suite, sms and pictures can't be loaded..

My conclusion is that N9 has a strange way in writing on the internal memory, and sometimes makes terrible errors.. so that, in some parts (FAT32 is not indexed), the filesystem is corrupted and not writable anymore.. (maybe, it becomes read-only..? http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82659)

My N9, when the problem occurs, after a day, like in the morning, starts working "properly" again.. it's not a real working, because if an instruction (picture, anything) is written on the part of the filesystem that is corrupted, N9 will start having problems again..

I tried to connect my N9 to my PC in the morning, when it works, and could be seen as a mass memory.. I've tried to repair filesystem (FAT32), but I think that this won't solve the problem, because it acts only on a part of the memory, the one visible to Windows..

It could be a bug of the system itself.. but.. no updates anymore.. so.. maybe, an app that can make a filesystem checking could be created.. I don't know..
Or.. it could be something that locks the filesystem, and any app can't write on it anymore..

Let me know.. help eachothers!!

Last edited by palikao; 2014-06-10 at 22:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to palikao For This Useful Post: