Thread: [Fremantle Maemo5] [Pre-Announce] FastDOSBox 1.6
View Single Post
The only thing that is *greatly* superior, is their handling of mouse cursor. In our dosbox builds, everything works fine, until your press somewhere close to corner of game screen (N900's screen is wide, so games leave black bars to the left and right). Or the upper/lower corner of screen.

It happens often, for example, when you try to click anything on the "border" of game view. Then, mouse goes awkard and crazy. javispedro, I went through everything that was written on TMO (mostkly by you) about touchpad->cursor handling in dosbox, and I think I understand how it works - the problem is, that even if relative cursor movement is exactly as it should (cursor follow touch point on screen perfectly), it goes apeshit and desync as soon as we touch border, on purpose or not. It seems like bug in implementation to me, rather than limitation of dos mouse handling.

Anyway, android builds handle it via some patch, that makes touchscreen behave like notebook's touchpad - cursor doesn't "jump" anywhere when you touch screen, it moves only when you move stylus/finger after touch. Clicking occur on tap (no matter where you tapped), keeping finger on screen after tap counts as holding mouse button (just like it works now for us, too).

I guess they've made it this way due to limitations of capacity screens, but it works awesomely (even betterj on our resistive screen, if used via nitdroid and android dosbox builds. I would *love* to see this mouse control scheme ported to our dosbox build, it makes all cursor problems go away. No matter what relative cursor screen game/program have hardcoded, you just get it going like you would have while playing with dosbox on notebook.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: