View Single Post
Me no rikey!

You gotta strike a balance between aesthetics and functionality. Windows Phone fails badly at this, much worse than iOS or Android. I mean that whole swipe up or hit those tiny dots to see the Menu is rubbish, especially when half the screen is empty (which happens A LOT). Next is, when they do offer options, its usually not the priority or main ones.

iOS was worse than Android, but they've really made it intuitive and functional. Off the bat, its one of the best mobile experiences around because it not only looks good, its consistent, and still featureful.

Android is a heap of mess. Whether you look at the gimmicky TouchWizz or the cluttered Sense or the inconsistent Stock... there's obvious gripes which haven't been solved.

I naturally prefer TouchWizz because its the most powerful version, I then go and skin TouchWizz to my liking. It not only looks consistent and behaves fluidly, it makes the experience much better to use.

I liked the direction Belle and BBX were going but not at where they are. I guess I could say the software which impressed me the most was the PlayBook's. If that only was on better hardware, had a better ecosystem, and a toolset to boot (Qt-Linux anyone?)... it would've been a no-brainer for consumers. In fact, its so good it could've been great on handsets, tablets, laptops* and TV's.... a strategy which would've worked wonders for SONY.

I'm rocking Windows 7 at the moment too, Windows 8+ is also fundamentally flawed on many levels (are the designers on LSD?).

I don't despise change, I welcome it. I only despise it when its counter-intuitive, less-useful, or meaningless (change for the sake of change... wtf).

I'm flattered